March is National Nutrition Month and this year’s theme is Put Your Best Fork Forward.
So how exactly can you go about leading with your best fork?
Small shifts in your food choices add up over time. So don’t stress if you don’t have a “perfect” diet – just work to make small changes that move you in the right direction!
Here are the key messages for this year’s month-long celebration of nutrition:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat. Eat and drink the right amount for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
For more great information about National Nutrition Month, visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ NNM website.